Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Topic Tuesday Courtesy Armchair BEA - The Hottest Books Of 2011



So here is the second day of the Armchair BEA Agenda 2011 and today being Tuesday is Topic Tuesday for 2011, which means that I will be listing down the names of the books released or to-be-released in 2011, books that I really think are going to be worth a read, or in some cases, a must-read.

So here is my initial list for 2011, in no specific order:

1. River of smoke by Amitav Ghosh
2. Manik Da: Memories of Satyajit Ray by Nemai Ghosh
3. In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror and An American Family In Hitler’s Berlin
4. Secret Keeper by Mitali Perkins
5. Daughters: A Story of Five Generations by Bharati Ray, Amartya Sen, Madhuchanda Karlekar
6. Night in Bombay by Louis Bromfield
7. Life by Keith Richards
8. Room by Emma Donoghue
9. A Singular Woman: The Untold Story of Barack Obama’s Mother by Janny Scott
10.Theodore Boon: The Abduction by John Grisham

I know its not a huge list, but to be honest, I am already armed with a list of books that I will be reading this year, so at this point in time I am going to keep this wish list short and simple, and yes, of course I will put in more books in the list when I feel I can achieve my goal of reading and enjoying them...done enough hoarding already !!! (not that I am saying I wont do it again ;) )

Have a great reading friends and let me know if any of these books are on your list too, or if you have already read them, let me know what you think.

- Debolina Raja Gupta