Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Got Yesterday

Finally I managed to pick these up yesterday at the book store. Its been raining cats and dogs here, and of course I never read any reason to dig into a book, but the rainy season is one of my most favourites, with the wind rushing in through the open windows, the sea outside crashing and moving in waves, while I snuggle inside my cosy comforter and prop myself up on the comfy pillows, with my darling in my arms - my books ;)

And I am even more happy to say that just as I proudly call myself a born bookworm, my daughter too is definitely as much a bookworm as me, if not more. So we headed to the bookstore yesterday, hand in hand, both sporting that smile on our faces as we entered our book paradise. This is what I got:


A Room Of One's Own by Virgina Woolf


I have been dying and dying to read this one, especially as I have only read one masterpiece of Virginia Woolf - Mrs. Dalloway. I had always meant to read more by her, but somehow, never got to it. And yesterday when I walked in to the bookstore, there it was, standing out proudly among the other titles, looking straight at me.

The Black Book by Orhan Pamuk

I read The Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk and loved the way he described his city and culture and the different customs and daily lives of locals. I am always interested to know more about different cultures and about the way people in other parts live their life. So it was an extremely interesting read for me, and I am definitely looking forward to reading this one now.

Such A Long Journey by Rohinton Mistry

For those of you who have ever visited Mumbai (Bombay, India), you will know you have visited a city that has many stories to tell - each single day. And if you have not yet been to this beautiful city, reading a copy of Rohinton Mistry's Maximum City - Mumbai, will make sure you know of all those 'real' stories that are happening in the city of Mumbai, starting from the infamous bar-dancers, to the drug mafia, to Bollywood, life in a chawl and much much more. As much as I was mesmerised by this book, I knew I would love to read more by the same author. So here I am, sitting proudly with another title from Rohinton Mistry.




- Debolina Raja Gupta