Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My Old Stack Back Now


There's something fun about visiting my parents' place each time. Apart from the obvious reason of being pampered crazy and living again my days of pre-marriage and a mumma-papa's girl, there is another something that I look forward to - rummaging through the book cupboard and sorting through my old books.

When I got married I left for a different city, and over the years, I have ended up building a huge collection of personal books that I love, so it was a little difficult to bring in all the books from my parents' place at once. And my husband, who is definitely not a book-worm, was petrified that soon our home would get smothered by books, with no space left without a book-corner. Of course that's the plan really, without telling him I am slowly doing exactly that ;)

So each time I visit my parents, I dive into the old book cupboard and begin sorting through my old books. Depending on what catches my fancy then (I will be honest, I love ALL my books equally and its really difficult to choose a favourite for that particular time), I bring them out, dust them carefully, and then quietly smuggle them in my suitcase, hiding them under piles of clothes, that will let me take them out discreetly and display on the bookshelves back home - I always hope that my husband will never notice, and he always does notice the significant rise in the number of books on the bookshelves. So much so that he dreads it each time I visit my parents, imagining the number of books I will bring back yet again!!! and warning me about not getting back any more books now...

This time I am getting back these titles from my parents' cupboards, check them out for yourselves:


Miss Marple's Final Cases by Agatha Christie


The Citadel by A.J. Cronin


Heart Of Darkness by Joseph Conrad


War Brides by Helen Bryan


The Wedding by Danielle Steel


Silas Marner by George Elliot


The Vicar of Wakefield by Oliver Goldsmith

But does a book-worm ever cease being a book-worm? My poor hubby, I hope he realises it for his own benefit ;)


- Debolina Raja Gupta