Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Miss Marlpe's Final Cases By Agatha Christie


Recently finished re-reading the book titled 'Miss Marple's Final Cases' by Agatha Christie. I am not a short story person at all. For me, the thicker the book the more the charm, and by book here, I mean 'story'. The longer the story the more interested I am. So maybe I am being biased here when I say that I personally did not like this book that much - of course Agatha Christie is a legend and there is nothing to say that she does not write well...she does. Just that this sort of storyline is not meant for me.

The book contains 08 stories:
1. Sanctuary (07 pages)
2. Strange Jest (27 pages)
3. Tape-Measure Murder (18 pages)
4. The Case of The Caretaker (20 pages)
5. The Case of The Perfect Maid (18 pages)
6. Miss Marple Tells A Story (20 pages)
7. The Dressmaker's Doll (14 pages)
8. In A Glass Darkly (26 pages)

I would have loved it if the characters were given a little more time and space to develop fully, but since these are all short stories, the main stress is on the suspense and the case. If you are fond of short stories and mysteries that will end in a jiffy, here's a book for you that can be finished within an hour.







- Debolina Raja Gupta