Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sneaky Peeky Sunday: This Mother's Life by Nina Mohadjer

I'm currently reading this book called 'This Mother's Life' by Nina Mohadjer. *This is a review copy and not a paid copy.

 'January 7, 2006.

 I had to take the girls to the mall. The post-Christmas and New Year sales just can't be missed. They had some very cute sweaters at Abercrombie.

 Then we went to get some shoes. I still can't believe my girls' feet are bigger than mine. For lunch I got some sandwiches at Subway, which I hadn't had in a long time. I also just love to see how these people try not to get confused as you tell them all the things you want and don't want for three different sandwiches. I wouldn't have the patience for that, and more importantly, I would put the wrong things on each sandwich. What a picture!

 Amir wanted to go to the movies, but I was too tired from the shopping spree. The girls went with him. I don't think he included me in his invitation anyway. "So, girls, who wants to go to the movies Daddy?" I mean what kind of question is that. Hello. "I'm not your girl, and my daddy is in France."

 So I had a relaxing evening at home. I did not have to go to the office this weekend after all, since I was able to get most of the work done on Friday. The rest can be finished on Monday and finally I can breath again.'

 - Debolina Raja Gupta