Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Books I'm Carrying For My Vacation

Hey my lovely book worms,

As this is a big vacation season in India, I am heading out with my hubby and daughter for about 03 weeks, will be visiting family and friends and taking a short trip to HongKong as well (daughter was terribly missing Disneyland and so were we actually!) ;-)

Have been doing a lot of reading and came across some really good books and some not so good ones too. As I'm part of the Goodreads annual book reading challenge, I've finished reading 64 books this year out of the 70 that I had challenged myself I will read...and I will!

I recently read a lot of stories in the Bengali language, which is my parents' language and my original too. And currently am reading this beautiful book by one of my favourite writers Alan Hollinghurst called The Line of Beauty - really, its a visual masterpiece. I've read The Swimming Pool Diaries by him, and was eagerly looking forward to starting this one too. Now finally did (started it yesterday) and am loving every single bit of it.


I will be taking this along with me for the vacation, and I'm thinking that since I've read the 02 books in the Millenium series (for those who don't know about it, the book The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is the first book in the series), I'll take the final one, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. Since I'll be gone for 03 weeks, I will definitely carry another book (though I don't think I will finish off so many on the trip, as I will be doing a bit of my work too and will anyway be super exhausted with all the traveling and shopping and fun!)

What to take? Still thinking....Will come back and tell you what I finally took with me...Till then, why don't you tell me a few of your holiday favourite books? 

Have fun my dearies.....and happy reading! I shall see you sometime soon.....

- Debolina Raja Gupta