Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Friday, March 8, 2013

For The Lovely Authors Who Write In To Me

All you lovely people who write in to me, the authors, the PR people, the bookstores or sites....I am really thankful that you take the time out to reach out to me, and that you liked my blog in the first place to want to send me a copy of your work so that I could read it and talk about it here.

While I absolutely love reading, there are of course a few genres that are not really my cup of ginger tea :-) I understand that they are well-received by many fans, but sometimes, there are books that I just don't get that interested to read, so I honestly have to refuse to be able to read such work.

Then again, one thing that I always end up refusing is the offer of reading a free e-book and talking about it. Just to illustrate once again, I'm like that cave-girl who will only only and only read a book that's physically alive in her hands, and not read something that's caged up in a screen. Sorry if I sound rude or harsh, and of course out-dated, but that's just who I am and I can't pretend to be something I'm not. So for all you lovely people whom I have refused and who I shall refuse on the offer of reading an e-book, I hope you do understand.

Lastly, just to let you know once again (it's there in my info section but I guess some people do end up missing reading it), I am based in Mumbai, India, and if you want me to review one of your books, you'll have to ship me a copy to my Mumbai India address. I understand that's it's not always possible to send over a book so far, so that's perfectly okay too :-)

I thank all you lovely people once again for taking your time out and visiting my blog, and liking a bit of it and reaching out to me......Wish you all the very best for all your future projects.....

- Debolina Raja Gupta