Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Casual Vacancy: Real Life Reference To The Town of Yate?

image source

I'm currently reading this amazing book called The Casual Vacancy by J K Rowling. I've never read any of the Harry Potter series, though it's labelled as one of the most popular book series worldwide - I still think I'll be giving it a miss. And neither have I watched the movies, except the first one, which, I felt was okay - I'm not a fan of this genre, so I'm not missing out on anything.

Coming back to The Casual Vacancy, am I glad I am reading it?
I always wanted to, ever since it came out in 2012, and I think I'll be finishing it off by tonight or tomorrow .... I still have about 200 pages to go...

So I was looking up about the book online and I found this gorgeous pic - basically, it's being said that the fictional town Pagford, where the entire story is based, has an uncanny similarity to Rowling's own birthplace - Yate, Gloucestershire (pic above).

I really loved this little town picture.....and just wanted to share it here.....

And as soon as I finish this one, I'm going to definitely tell you all what I think...have you read it yet? Do let me know :-)

- Debolina Raja Gupta