Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini: Reading Now


21st May 2013 was the date that Khaled Hosseini came out with his much-awaited third book called And The Mountains Echoed.

I was desperately waiting for this one, having devoured and absolutely loved the previous two offerings from him - The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Sons.


I was waiting for this time for quite a long time, so it was great when I opened my mail and found the book sent to me for reading and review by the publishers Bloomsbury.

This is not a review, and I am almost done reading this and the review shall follow soon. What I want to mention here, however, is that the book is different in style from his previous works, and it would not be fair to read this with pre-set expectations. Of course Khaled Hosseini comes out as a master storyteller in this book as well, what else can you expect of him if not sheer brilliance when it comes to spinning a tale, but trust me, pick this book with a fresh mind....after all, it's the right of a writer and storyteller to spin different stories in different ways, right?



The book is 404 pages long and I have it in hardcover. The book is now also available in paperback.















 And he is a looker, isn't he?

Just saying ;-)












- Debolina Raja Gupta