Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Monday, September 2, 2013

J K Rowling: The Adult Writer


(Image above courtesy Google images)
 
Okay, so I haven't yet read any of the books in the Harry Potter series, reason being I didn't really find the movies that good. I only watched the first one and liked it, but from the second one, my interest had waned. And then I didn't watch any of the remaining ones.


I've however been told by other reader friends that I should give the books a try as they are way better than the books - I think I will, now that I have actually seen what an amazing writer J K Rowling is, but in a different capacity.

So recently I finished reading The Casual Vacancy by J K Rowling and it was one book I was bowled over with. The review hasn't been shared here yet and I will surely share it soon - once I get a little time off.

Currently I'm reading this book called The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith that's actually a pseudonym for J K Rowling herself.

And yes, this book once again re-confirms my faith in J K Rowling as a grown-up mature writer. Maybe now I'll really look into reading the Harry Potter series :-)


(*image courtesy HERE)

Have you read any of her books yet other than the HP series? Do lemme know what you thought of these :-)

- Debolina Raja Gupta