Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Monday, December 30, 2013

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak: First Page Mondays


image source

One of the first things that I realised about this book is that there are no negative reviews about it, at least none that I have come across yet. Almost everyone who has any idea of what holocaust or the nazi regime talks about, has read this one. I have just begun reading it, and yes, it's fantastic, and a must-read....

So here's what's on the first page of The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak


PROLOGUE

A MOUNTAIN RANGE OF RUBBLE

in which our narrator introduces:

himself - the colours
- and the book thief

DEATH AND CHOCOLATE

First the colours.
 Then the humans.
 That's usually how I see things.
 Or at least, how I try.

 HERE IS A SMALL FACT
 You are going to die.

I am in all truthfulness attempting to be cheerful about this whole topic, though most people find themselves hindered in believing me, no matter my protestations. Please, trust me. I most definitely can be cheerful. I can be amiable. Agreeable. Affable. And that's only the As. Just don't ask me to be nice. Nice has nothing to do with me.......


- Debolina Raja Gupta