Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Monday, March 24, 2014

Books I Have Recently Enjoyed

image source

So the last few weeks have seen me reading a lot, and I mean...A LOT!

I may have been exceptionally slow on the reviews here, as there is a lot of stuff I am juggling about right now, both professionally as well as on the home front.

Add to that the fact that both my daughters are home now for the next 3 months (the elder one has a long break as she is in the middle of changing school), and it's utter chaos!

I took up the Goodreads Reading Challenge this year as each year and my personal target for this year is 80. I have finished reading 26 books till now and am on the 27th right now...

So, here are a few books that I have really enjoyed reading in the recent past.....


The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night-Time by Mark Haddon is a book that was referred a lot on the booktube community (this is basically the book blogging community on youtube.) I am almost half way through this right now and it is absolutely wonderful....

Okay, so this one, No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay, is a thriller of a different sorts altogether...This is a one-sit read and throughout the time I was reading this I was like 'What???!!!!' 'Oh no!' 'Oh S@#$@!' 'What??What will happen now????' This book is something I will recommend to all those who want some thrilling read that will make your jaws open and keep you wondering what actually did happen!

The Road to Nab End by William Woodruff is a heartbreaker. It's an absolutely lovely book that will move you in many ways. It is somewhat similar to 'Tis and Angela's Ashes if you have read either of those. The book is an autobiography that talks about the author's childhood in extreme poverty and how they lived through it. It makes you sad and it also makes you smile...It's a gorgeous book...


I have always been in awe of this beautiful human being and this beautiful princess, just like most of the world. Her death was a shock and it was something that took me a while to get over. Diana, her true story by Andrew Morton is written before the princess's shocking death. The book talks about a lot of the hidden details of her life as a princess and gives readers a true look into what all went on in the royal bedroom that was never talked about in public. It talks about a wonderful girl who grows up into a compassionate human being and is suddenly turned into a princess. It talks about all those things that actually harassed her emotionally and mentally, and will also, beyond doubt, prove those theories right that there was certainly much more to the princess's death than meets the eye.


This book is a must read and shall always remain as a personal favourite on my bookshelf. This book teaches you what it is to be a good being, and not just a human... You can read the entire review here.

Read any of the above books? Do tell me what you thought about them...and yes, please do remember to send me more recommendations here...I always love to know what you are reading right now :-)

- Debolina Raja Gupta