Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Curious Incident of The Dog In The Night-Time by Mark Haddon: On The Cover

image source

So this wonderful book I first heard of on BookTube (Youtube's book community) and happened to see it at a nearby book store. Obviously I picked it up....

I finished reading it and the review shall follow soon, but for those of you who haven't heard of it, here is what the cover jacket says....(but I feel it does not do much justice to the book as it is much more than this.)

Winner Whitbread Book of The Year

Winner of the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize and Booktrust Teenage Prize

Shortlisted for the CILIP Carnegie Medal and the British Book Awards.


'Gave me that rare, greedy feeling of: this is so good I want to read it all at once but I mustn't or it will be over too soon' Observer

Fifteen-year-old Christopher has a photographic memory. He understands maths. He understands science. What he can't understand are other human beings.

When he finds his neighbour's dog lying dead on the lawn, he decides to track down the killer and write a murder mystery about it. But what other mysteries will he end up uncovering?
 
- Debolina Raja Gupta