The year 2015 started great for me on the reading note! While I have set myself a goal of reading 90 books this year, I managed to read 13 books in the month of January itself.....quite happy about it, though there were a few short stories that I read this time (I am generally not into short stories and mostly read books that are at least 400+ pages) so this was quite the change.
The second story I read this year was Mangshiyo Hulor Holiday by Nabaneeta Deb Sen. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy this at all. This story was in the Bengali language and the author is a very famous Bengali writer. Sadly for me, I seem to not be able to enjoy her works (as you will see in the list later too!)
4. The 4th story I read was by the same Bengali author I mentioned earlier. The story is called Express Account by Nabaneeta Deb Sen. Nopes....didnt like it sadly.
5. Interestingly, this too is by the same Bengali author Nabaneeta Deb Sen and is one I liked. The story was titled Gadadharpur Women's College.
The sixth book I read was sent to me by Bloomsbury. It's The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I'm looking at reading some graphic novels now and this was on my list...so thanks Bloomsbury for sending this over !!! :) Review to come up soon....Loved it of course!
The seventh book happens to be My Name Is Red by Orhan Pamuk. Books by this author have been a hit or miss. I really loved his two other works but did not really get much out of this one.
8. Maps for Lost Lovers by Nadeem Aslam was the toughest and most boring read of January 2015 for me....and it has won some international prizes and was longlisted for the Booker! Nope....this was a retry to see if I could read it...I did manage to finish it but just because I didn't want to give up....I do not recommend reading this at all...
I finally read World War Z by Max Brooks this year! And I liked it quite a lot....I even watched the movie after I finished reading the book...but found it pretty okay...
The tenth book I read was another one that was sent to me by Bloomsbury. It's called The Last Illusion by Porochista Khakpour. This is a very different book from what I usually read and I found it alright.....
I'm sure I'm the last person in the world who read Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs now! I'm actually ashamed of myself that I didn't read it earlier!!! This is definitely one of the best and most original books I have ever read.....
12. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon....I loved the book when I read it as an advanced review copy before its release in 2013...I re-read it as I have just started with The Mime Order, which is the second book in the series. Both books have been sent to me by Bloomsbury for a review.
13. Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Book 1
- Debolina Raja Gupta