Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Monday, April 20, 2015

Anyone But Ivy Pocket by Caleb Krisp: First Page Mondays

https://childrensbookchat.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/11137076_10152999055489681_1044351815_n.jpg

This is undeniably one of the most beautiful book covers I have ever seen, sent by Bloomsbury of course, and they do have some of the most beautiful covers ever......

Coming back to the book, this is an uncorrected proof copy that has been sent to me before release for review purposes. I did not receive any monetary compensation for the same and was sent the book in exchange for an honest review and discussion.

So here is a look at the first page from the book Anyone But Ivy Pocket: Meet The Girl Everyone's Trying To Avoid by Caleb Krisp.

I found the note upon my lady's bed.
 It read as follows:

 Dear Miss Pocket,
 As you can see, I have gone. Do not follow me. I repeat, DO NOT follow me!
 I am sailing for South America for no other reason than it is far enough away from Paris to ensure that I never see you again. The hotel bill has been paid. As for your wages, after taking into account my pain and suffering, I have left you the sum of one pound. Which is generous, given your conduct. You are now on your own.
 Good riddance,
 Countess Carbunkle


I was stunned. Appalled. Hadn't I been a loyal and kind maid to the Countess? Hadn't I? I thought long and hard about my conduct and I could find nothing wanting in it. If I ........



- Debolina Raja Gupta