Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

My Recent Book Haul And Review Copies: Just A Bit Overboard, Just A Little, Promise....


Before you judge me (these are not all the books I bought).....these books were bough over the last few months, about the last three to four months to be exact, and most were bought at huge sales and discounts from regular bookstores, used bookstores as well as roadside vendors...so I did get a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bargain and hence the teeny tiny going overboard..

So here are some beauties I am living with now....enjoy and let me know if you have read any of these or plan to!

The first book in the pile was sent to me by Bloomsbury for review, the second is of course Lee Child that I love and hence picked up, a Nelson Mandela autobiography is something you definitely should be reading, and the last in the pile is a book by a Pakistani author who seems to have written a beautiful book...


The first in the pile is a graphic novel and is absolutely stunning, will share more in the review, the second is a repurchase but by mistake, have already read it! Life of Pi I had read years and years ago so wanted to read again, the fourth one read good on the cover, Emma Donoghue's Room I had loved though I had hated the other one which had 'letter' in its title, Amitav Ghosh's latest book in the Ibis Trilogy is something I am dying to read and have to first re-read the two epic books in the series all over again, and of course the last one is Rushdie...so...


Lee Child of course had to get it, Bronte of course had to get it, hated The Winner Stands Alone by Paulo Coelho, I think I am going to stop reading any more of his work, Adultery by Paulo Coelho again a useless book, dont even want to read the next one here, The Girl With All The Gifts I did read but was very unimpressed, and Obama's book I am really looking forward to read.

After reading and absolutely loving Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, I knew I had to read the sequel immediately. And finally I picked it up - The Hollow City. I had been to a lit fest where Katherine Boo had come to promote her book Behind The Beautiful Forevers and even though I wanted to read it, I didn't pick it up then, as I had too many books in my TBR (to be read) list. So here it is, again picked up at a pittance (I am sad people sell off such amazing books!). Shashi Tharoor needs no introduction when it comes to his grey cells (salt and pepper look charming too of course) so I immediately got this one after having loved the only other book of his that I have read - The Great Indian Novel. I have still to start on the Game of Thrones series, so finally picked up the first book too. And as for Asura, I do not like the typical Indian mythological books but love when they are told from different perspectives, so lets see what this one has in store.

Just finished reading this one and while the story was really nice, interesting and very unique, I was very disappointed by the ending...review coming up soon


I picked up this amazing coffee table book for a pittance, and the reason I did actually buy it was that as I picked it up and opened it randomly, it opened to a page that had one of my all-time favorite actor in it. No, not Abhishek Bachchan, the guy on the cover, but a different one (will show you when I do a review)..but if you do love bollywood and are fascinated by the goings-on behind the camera, this is a book you should get....

About to finish reading The Pact and loving it, the next three have no clue about but they read good in the cover jacket,


These are all some lovely books that my elder one picked up :)

The first one on the pile is a sequel to a book called Dork that was sent to me by the book chain Crossword and I had absolutely loved. Looking forward to read this one too. And the rest as you can see are all my daughter's :)

- Debolina Raja Gupta