Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Monday, August 22, 2016

#FirstPageMondays : Behind Closed Doors By B A Paris


While browsing some other books on Amazon, I came across a recommendation for Behind Closed Doors by B A Paris, and trust me, am almost done.... and yes, I do recommend it you read it if you love a thriller, and if you've loved Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

  

Here's a look at the first page.

The champagne bottle knocks against the marble kitchen counter, making me jump. I glance at Jack, hoping he won’t have noticed how nervous I am. He catches me looking and smiles.

“Perfect,” he says softly.

Taking my hand, he leads me to where our guests are waiting. As we go through the hall, I see the flowering lily Diane and Adam brought us for our garden. It’s such a beautiful pink that I hope Jack will plant it where I’ll be able to see it from the bedroom window. Just thinking of the garden makes tears well up from deep inside me and I swallow them down quickly. With so much at stake tonight, I need to concentrate on the here and now.


 In the sitting room, a fire burns steadily in the antique grate. We’re well into March but there’s still a nip in…..

- Debolina Raja