Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Ideal By Ayn Rand: Sneaky Peeky Sunday




Found this amazing book at #Crossword Pune and couldn't resist picking it up immediately. So here's the page I am on now. Take a look.



...........

understood? Silence. Do not answer any questions on the lot or outside. Avoid all references to this morning's papers.
SALZER: Us the papers should avoid!
FARROW: They haven't said much so far. It's only rumours. Idle gossip.
CLAIRE: But it's all over town! Hints, whispers, questions. If I could see any point in it, I'd say someone was spreading it intentionally.
FARROW: Personally, I do not believe the story for a minute. However, I want all the information you can give me. I take it that none of you has seen Miss Gonda since yesterday?

 (The others shrug hopelessly, shaking their heads)

SALZER: If the papers couldn't find her, we can't.
FARROW: Had she mentioned to any of you that she was going to have dinner with Granton Sayers last night?
CLAIRE: When has she ever told anyone anything?
FARROW: Did you notice anything suspicious in her behaviour when you saw her last?
CLAIRE: I....
MCNITT:I should say I did! I thought at the time it was damn funny! Yesterday morning it was. I drove up to her beach home and there she was, out at sea, tearing through the rocks in a motorboat till I thought I'd have heart failure watching it.
SALZER: My god, that's against our contracts!
MCNITT: What? My having heart failure?
SALZER: To hell with you! Gonda driving her motorboat!
MCNITT: Try and stop her! So she climbs up to the road, finally, all wet all over. "You'll get killed someday" I say to her, and she looks straight at me and she says "That won't make any difference to me" she says, "nor to anyone else anywhere."

- Debolina Raja