Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Monday, November 28, 2016

What Light by Jay Asher: First Page Mondays






I received this beautiful book as a review copy from PanMacmillan and am almost done. If you haven't already heard about Jay Asher, you should definitely read 13 Reasons Why. That was the first Jay Asher book I read and that is what made me pick this one, What Light, for review.

The book is in the YA genre and is an absolute delight. Review will come up soon as I am about to finish it. For now, here's a look at the first page.

*****************************

"I hate this time of year," Rachel says. "I'm sorry Sierra, I'm sure I say that a lot, but it's true."

 Morning mist blurs the entrance of our school at the far end of the lawn. We stay on the cement pathway to avoid damp spots in the grass, but Rachel's not complaining about the weather.

 "Please don't do this," I say. "You'll make me cry again. I just want to get through this week without - "

 "But it's not a week!" she says, "It's two days. Two days until Thanksgiving break, and then you leave for a whole month again. More than a month!"

 I hug Rachel's arm as we continue walking. Even though I'm the one leaving for another holiday season far from home, Rachel pretends like it's her world that gets turned........

************************************

- Debolina Raja