Fellow Book Worms :)

My Bookish Friends :)

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Kindle E-Reading Trends In India For 2016


I love this image above, it is so me....If you know me you know this is just the way I am, if you love me, you will let me be like this ;) Just saying..

So recently, Kindle India revealed some interesting eBook reading trends for the year 2016 based on actual consumption in the country. I was surprised of course yes, but then, with books, it's so much about personal choice, preference, taste and even marketing, that one can't really have a general attitude on it. Check this out...

According to Kindle India, some interesting facts that emerged are:

Chetan Bhagat’s One Indian Girl is the ‘Most Wished For’ and ‘Most Borrowed’ on Kindle Unlimited



The top bestsellers were:
1.       Cometh The Hour by Jeffrey Archer - I've read too much Jeffrey Archer for now, so later maybe
2.       Everyone Has A Story by Savi Sharma - Nope, definitely don't want to read
3.       The Sialkot Saga by Ashwin Sanghi - Nope again, definitely don't want to read
4.       This Was A Man by Jeffrey Archer - Same as above, maybe will read Jeffrey Archer again in some time

The top genres were:
1.       Literature & Fiction - my favourite category yes
2.       Romance - No
3.       Health, Mind & Body - No, don't want to read really
4.       Children & Young Adult - Always an interesting reading category
5.       Business & Economics - Some books are damn good!

Best read cities of India were:
1.       Mumbai - yippee, am here
2.       Delhi - yes, I am from here
3.       Bengaluru
4.       Chennai
5.       Hyderabad

Obviously Kolkata will not feature here, coz people there are more into real books than Kindle ;) sorrrrryyyyy!!!!!

- Debolina Raja